What information does WriteMaps collect
- Email address
- Company Name
- Demographic information as collected by google analytics:
- ip address
- User feedback from emails, polls, and our contact form
- Payment method (for those on a paid plan, or trialling a paid plan)
WriteMaps ApplicationWhen you use the WriteMaps application, we store, process and transmit your files and information related to them (ie. your pages and content).
What does WriteMaps do with the information gathered?We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you
- to keep you informed about scheduled downtime, updates, new features, special offers or other information about WriteMaps or future services by WriteMaps Limited which we think users may find interesting using the email address which has been provided.
Where does WriteMaps keep this information?WriteMaps servers are located in Dallas, Texas. Businesses that support our services and products (see Third-party services) may be located in other areas. For European users, this means your personal information is held and processed outside of the European Union.
How long does WriteMaps keep this information?All data relating to the user is deleted within 365 days of the users account being deactivated, or within 1 week upon request by the user for the information to be deleted.
Third-party services WriteMaps uses to process users data
- Webfaction - our hosting provider
- Braintree - a PayPal company we use to manage payments (they are PCI DSS compliant
- Intercom - software we use to communicate with users via messaging and email
- Lockrocket - software we use to detect bugs
- Google Analytics - software we use to look at website traffic and user paths
- Profitwell - software that reads Braintree data to serve us business metrics
Data Protection OfficerWriteMaps’ core activities do not consist of processing which:
- requires regular and systematic monitoring of individuals on a large scale; or
- is about special categories of data or about criminal convictions and offences.
"Right to Access"At any time a user can request to know what information WriteMaps holds about them, and we will provide that information within 48 hours of the request. To request, please contact us via our in-app messaging system, or our Contact Page. See below for more details on where to contact WriteMaps.
Request export of information held
"Right to Data Portability"At any time a user can request an export of the information WriteMaps holds about them, and we will provide that information within 1 week of the request. To request, please contact us via our in-app messaging system, or our Contact Page. See below for more details on where to contact WriteMaps.
Request a change or permanent deletion of information
"Right to be Forgotten"A user can change their information on their profile page. Alternatively, a user can request WriteMaps changes their data. At any time a user can request for WriteMaps to fully delete all data relating to the user and the user's account. To request change or deletion, please contact WriteMaps via our in-app messaging system, or our Contact Page. See below for more details on where to contact WriteMaps.
ConsentWhen a user creates an account with WriteMaps, they consent to WriteMaps processing their data for the purpose of using the WriteMaps services. A user can request to withdraw consent for WriteMaps to process personal data contact WriteMaps via our in-app messaging system, or our Contact Page. See below for more details on where to contact WriteMaps. A request to withdraw consent means a user can no longer use WriteMaps services. If a user requests to withdraw their consent, the user accepts they can no longer use the WriteMaps services.
Controlling your personal informationWe will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using our contact form. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where Can I Contact WriteMaps Support?A) If you have an account, you can send us a message via our in-app messaging system:
B) Alternatively get in touch through our Contact Page: